Monday, February 11, 2008

Launching the Inventor’s Journey


I am among the 3% of successful independent inventors that chose to take on the challenge of developing an idea and making it a reality. I left a secure job, benefits, and retirement to pursue a new career based on my invention. At the Inventor Mentor Blog I intend to share what I learned along the way. It is not the only way; in fact my story is quite unconventional. But my hope is to inspire and support you in pursuing your idea and help you with the nuts and bolts of taking your invention to market.

An independent inventor is like a conquistador, exploring and navigating through uncharted waters. Are you a conquistador with the passion and drive to explore, but not sure where or how you will get there? Are you determined, committed and patient? Will you sail the rough seas and not take no for an answer? Do you give up or go the distance?


Have you done your homework; do you have your vision and dream in line? Are you ready to take some calculated risks and to overcome obstacles along the journey?

Some inventors possess entrepreneurial spirit and will take their inventions and turn them into a business, while other inventors are happy inventing and try to find someone else to take their ideas to market. Which one are you?

Please let me know where you are in the journey. Are you embarking or coming into port or have you wandered off course?

In future posts, we will be exploring and navigating the inventor journey together.

6 comments:

RecycleKing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RecycleKing said...

Hi Julia!
I saw you at the San Jose Everyday Edison's Audition. You are truly an inspiration! As I am an inventor and my wife is a teacher, we have a lot in common. I hope you do FANTASTICLY(sp?) and am eager to contribute to your success.
VERY WELL DONE, so far!

Julia said...

@recycleking: Thanks for dropping in and I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Part of being an inventor-entrepreneur is traveling, so I've been gone for several days.

It was truly inspiring to be in front of all of the inventors at Everyday Edison casting call. I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation.

I'm currently on a steep learning curve, trying to get my blog up and running and learning how to use my new iphone and invent new products. Stay tuned! I'm almost up to speed and will be posting regularly once I get this down.

All the best,
Julia

RecycleKing said...

Julia! It was fun and informative talking to you today. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm!

Heidi Richards Mooney, Founder Women in Ecommerce said...

Dear Julia,

I love your new blog and plan to list you on our Women Bloggers to watch for Virtual Woman's Day...

Thanks for all you do to make the world a better place and for being such an inspiration to women.

Your friend and fan,

heidi Richards, Founder & CEO
The Women's eCommerce Association - http://www.wecai.org

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia,
Wow, congratulations on your success! I am not sure you will remember me or our family. My son, Ryan
Burke was in your class at Sonora Elementary School.
My name is Terri Burke. I recently came up with an
idea for a product and am trying desperately to find
information on development, marketing and patents.
I was wondering if you might share some first steps
I should take to get things going. I truly believe I
have a product that would help others. So, I don't want to impose on you as I am sure you are very busy. Anything you can offer would be great. I too
worked in education until a year ago. My product is a hair product and has nothing to do with education or office supplies so if you don't want to
reply, that is fine. I just wanted to say from my family, Congratulations and continued success. My
son, Ryan says "hello."
Terri Burke
terribmomof3@yahoo.com