Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Speaking About Women


As a solo woman entrepreneur, I know the value of networking and sharing information. I have a large network that supports my business efforts, and I’m particularly interested in mentoring and helping women who are in business.

That’s why I was delighted to be invited by Office Depot to be the keynote speaker at the 2008 Women's Business Development Center's first annual trade show and expo. Office Depot chose me because they felt my experience working with them would be an asset to the conference.

The conference theme is "Building a Better Network" and the goal is to increase network and contracting opportunities for women’s business enterprises. The show will bring together America's leading corporations, government agencies, women business owners, and affiliate organizations.

The conference will provide an opportunity for participants to meet with corporate executives and buyers; network with corporate contacts, government representatives, and other WBNE members; attend workshops; exhibit their product and/or services; and meet the people who can influence their business success.

I am excited to be attending and sharing both my story of inventing a product, building a business, and successfully launching a product line. I encourage women business owners to learn more about WBNE and to get involved. And watch this blog for a my report on the conference.

At the end of the day, a measure of your success is in what relationships you have established and how those relationships help you build a better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being chosen as a speaker! I hope the event went well for you at the women's business network