Thursday, October 7, 2010

Being A Winner: Kidlutions Product Award


I didn't invent the KleenSlate Paddle with the idea of getting awards, but each time my products win awards, a rush of pride and gratitude washes over me.

I was so excited when I got the Kidlutions: Preferred Product Award that I just wanted to shout it out. Kidlutions and founder Wendy Young recognize products that "enhance social-emotional development" in children and teens. To be sure, I wasn't thinking about social-emotional development when I came up with the idea of the paddle. I was responding to my fellow teachers who were asking for assistance.

That's what is exciting about awards. They catch you by surprise. I remember when I was at a trade show and the paddle won Best of Show. Conference-goers had voted my product the best thing they saw at that particular show. WHOA! How thrilling that was.

The Kidlutions award was equally thrilling. Recognition is always welcome, especially the kind of acknowledgment that underscores an inherent value in your product that extends beyond the scope of its original purpose. Wendy Young describes the paddle as empowering kids with confidence and a can-do attitude.

YES! I know this terrific aspect of my invention. And it feels great that others see it too.

1 comment:

Kidlutions(tm): Solutions for Kids said...

We are so proud of Kleen Slate and excited to welcome you to our Kidlutions Preferred Product Award family!

Wendy @Kidlutions